COVID Protocols for In-Person Appointments
Our updated policy ensures the safety of our patients and staff. Please follow all of the below guidelines for in-office appointments.
- Screening Stations before entering each clinic. We are checking the temperatures of all patients, doctors, and staff who enter our clinics.
- We are requiring all patients to wear masks in the clinic. Due to recent CDC guideline updates, masks with valves will need to be covered with a cloth or surgical mask.
- Reduced clinic schedules and reconfigure waiting rooms to ensure social distancing.
- We have a Limited Guest policy for our patients. We ask that any guests that come with the patient for their appointment, remain in their vehicle. The exceptions are for pediatric patients, who are allowed ONE parent in the building. If you have a physical or medical disability that requires a caretaker, please inform the staff at the screening station. The patient’s guest will be required to also wear a mask in the building.
*2/1/2021 – Addendum to this policy. For patients that have a newborn (0-6mos) and need to bring them to the appointment of another child, the parent will be allowed to bring their newborn in the building for the exam. We ask that infants age 0-6mos be contained in a carrier, stroller or held by the parent during the exam to limit risk of exposure.
- Extensive cleaning and sanitation of the clinics and between patient appointments.
- Our optical departments will be open with additional precaution measures to take care of your needs and sanitizing frames that are tried on.
- Once the patient has identified as COVID positive, they must complete their 14 day isolation period, have significant improvement of symptoms and be fever free for 72 hours before being allowed to come in. This is in compliance and more stringent than current CDC guidelines from September 10, 2020
Thomas Eye Group takes the safety of our patients and staff seriously. We have a special team of doctors and administrators that meet multiple times a week to review the CDC, State of Georgia and the Academy of Ophthalmology guidelines so that we are up to date with the latest information and can respond quickly to meet your needs. We are preparing for your visit and we are excited to see you back in our clinics. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
For questions please call us at 678-892-2020. For more information about current CDC guidelines for face masks, click here.
Please Take a Look At Our Safety Protocol Video and a Message From Our Doctors
Dr. Jerry Berland
Dr. Jessica McCluskey
Dr. Stuart Newman
Dr. Dana Wallace
Dr. Kelly Arnhart
Dr. Alex Phaup