Eye exams for children are very important to ensure your child's eyes are healthy and clear of vision problems that could interfere with school performance and potentially affect your child's safety.
Early eye exams also are imperative for visual skills essential for optimal learning including but not limited to:
- Excellent visual acuity at all distances
- Accurate and comfortable eye teaming skills
- Accurate eye movement skills
- Accurate and comfortable focusing skills
Children should have their first comprehensive eye exam at 6 months of age. Then they should have their eyes examined at age 3 and again at age 5 or 6. School-aged children should have an eye exam at least every two years if no vision correction is required.
When scheduling an eye exam for your child, choose a time when he or she is usually alert and happy. At Thomas Eye Group we understand how unpredictable life can be with a little one. That’s why we offer the following services to make your life a little easier and your kid’s life a little happier:
- Kid-friendly environment with movie theaters and playrooms
- Consultants to major health centers caring for premature infants in Atlanta
- Great glasses for children of all ages and budgets
- Board-certified eye specialists at multiple locations
- Over 50 years of combined experience in pediatric eye care
Thomas Eye Group’s team of pediatric eye specialists provides comprehensive eye care for children, from the detection and treatment of eye disorders to eye surgery. At Thomas Eye Group, our board-certified doctors and orthoptists have years of experience in providing eye care to children.
We work as a team to give your child state-of-the-art care from caring specialists. We serve pediatric patients at 8 of our locations in the metro Atlanta area. Take a look for yourself! Click here to see all of our pediatric ophthalmologists and their experience.