Most people experience wanting to feel younger, and one of the best ways to achieve this is by looking younger! Thomas Eye Group not only specializes in vision services like cataract removal surgery and LASIK, but we also deal in cosmetic procedures! You can visit us for things like BOTOX® to remove unwanted wrinkles, laser skin resurfacing, and even to get a brow lift! Let’s take a closer look at what makes a brow lift such a fantastic option for cosmetic surgery.
What Is A Brow Lift?
As the name suggests, a brow lift means literally raising up the skin of the forehead. This helps fix “sagging” foreheads that many people suffer from as they age. As brow lift surgery is an outpatient procedure, you will be able to leave the office on the same day. The entire surgery will only take about an hour or two. There is a short recovery period after getting a brow lift. Here’s a step by step guide as to how a brow lift is performed:
- First, you will be sedated, either from general anesthesia or with the use of IV sedation. This will ensure that you feel absolutely no pain during the procedure.
- An incision will be made either right along the hairline or across the top of your head. These incisions are called “endoscopic” and “coronal”, respectively.
- The skin is lifted and adjustments to the underlying muscle are made.
- The incision is closed.
Recovery takes anywhere from 2 weeks to over a month, depending on the patient. You may experience some general discomfort and tightness of the forehead, but pain is rarely reported. You will be able to walk and function after the sedatives wear off, though you should wait a few days until you shower, and you should be very gentle around the incision.
You should plan on waiting about a week until you return to work, assuming your job is mostly stationary. Around this time you will be able to begin driving again, but only if you are off of your pain medication and can move easily again. As you near the end of your recovery, you can begin to slowly incorporate more active parts of your routine like exercise back into your life. Consult your surgeon to know exactly what you can safely do and when.
Why Get A Brow Lift?
There are many different reasons you might get a brow lift, it just depends on what you are looking for! Brow lifts:
- Remove forehead wrinkles, including “frown lines”, giving you a more generally youthful look about you.
- Eliminate the “concerned” expression from your eyebrows that many people get because of a sagging forehead.
- Raise the eyebrows to appear more alert and happy, allowing you to express your true emotions.
- Improve confidence by making you feel younger and more attractive.